Summary & Opportunity
AJA.LA Studios is a funded early-stage startup developing speech and natural language understanding technologies for under-resourced languages. We are looking to hire an engineer, to be based in London, to participate in developing acoustic and language models, and related algorithms, for our suite of proprietary speech recognition products for a broad library of under-resourced languages. This role provides a unique opportunity to pursue research and commercialization of speech recognition for under-resourced languages.
Ideally, candidates should be comfortable working with large quantities of data, have an interest in and/or demonstrate experience working with under-resourced languages, and an interest in working on the entire R&D/product-development cycle.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate should possess a combination of the following skills and qualifications
- Masters or PhD in an analytical discipline through which you have acquired a strong knowledge of topics including
- Theory and practice of speech recognition and/or speech processing (LSCVR)
- Signal Processing/Pattern Recognition
- Probability theory
- Bayesian inference
- Machine learning and related topics
- Strong software development skills
- Required: C/C++, Python, CUDA/Nsight IDE, shell scripting, Perl, Github/SVN
- Optional/Additional: Java/Android/Gradle/Android Studio, Objective C/Xcode/Cocos2dx
- Speech processing, Neural Network and Natural Language platforms and libraries
- Kaldi, KenLM, OpenFST, and HTS
- Theano, PDNN, pyTorch, TensorFlow
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux/Mac OS
We offer a compentitive salary, pension contribution, private medical insurance, and share options, flexible working hours, amongst other benefits.