Algolia is looking for a Senior Data Scientist willing to help us provide more insights to our users through the vast amount of hidden data included in our usage logs. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing machine learning jobs, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
No two problems are the same because all the systems evolve all the time. We expect you to be a resilient problem solver who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box and use the knowledge of system interactions in your favor. You’ll also take ownership of complete projects and execute them.
The team is composed of engineers with different backgrounds and experience both in the industry and academia. The diversity works in our favor and you should increase it by bringing your experience, your knowledge and your point of view. Thinking differently is a plus, not a minus. We’re transparent with each other and to other teams both about our success and our failures. This way we learn, we accept our weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
Your role will consist of:
- Selecting and engineering features to build and optimize prediction and classification systems
- Training and tuning a variety of machine learning models
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
You might be a fit if you have:
- Experience deploying machine learning models used in large-scale systems
- 5+ years of software development, preferably using Python or Go
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Ideally, some experience with Natural Language Processing
- Proven experience in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them
- Full professional English proficiency
To apply for this job please visit www.algolia.com.