Pre-Tax Spending. Automated.
The mission: working at Alice you get to put money back into the pockets of everyday Americans: 40% cannot cover a $400 emergency expense. We are working to help end financial insecurity.
The company: At this stage in Alice’s growth, you will get to play a critical part in solving the key challenges in scaling our engineering and product creation output. You’ll get to both leverage and level up your skills!
The culture: You will find that working at Alice we recognize that good ideas come from everywhere. You will have a massive say in the direction and growth of our product at every step of the way. At Alice we strive to be aggressively transparent, treat every employee fairly, and give them the tools they need to succeed. We never stop trying to improve our culture and working practices.
Core responsibilities of role:
* Write ETL and schedule ETL jobs to optmise the data warehouse for analytics and machine learning
* Contribute to discussions about data architecture and data models that help to inform planning: you’ll have the opportunity to drive how we architect our data platform
* Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements, e.g. if new data sources or data tracking are needed.
* Write maintainable efficient code
* Collaborate with business stakeholders to help define and refine requirements for data reporting needs
Skills and experience we are looking for:
* Proficient in SQL and python, as well as development tools including git and linux/unix command line
* Experience working with data warehouses (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery)
* Experience using BI tools (e.g. Periscope, Looker)
* Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, GCP
* Experience with DAG frameworks (e.g. dbt, Airflow)
* Experience with writing ELT pipelines for batch processing
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
* Comfortable operating with minimal information and prepared to ask for help
* _Bonus_: experience in interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques, and/or development of dashboards for BI
* _Bonus_: familiarity with CI/CD tools and productionalising code
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org