Applecart deploys proprietary technology to run smarter advertising campaigns. We work with some of the nation’s most prominent corporations, non-profit organizations, and political candidates to activate and communicate with key target audiences.
Our core offering, the Social Graph, leverages publicly-available data to map real-world relationships between individuals at a national scale. We got our start in politics, where we have tested and refined our methods on countless campaigns, giving our clients a proven technological edge. Now, we’re branching out beyond political campaigns to tackle new advertising challenges, using relational data to provide decisive advantages for our clients.
Applecart’s political work has been featured by The Colbert Report, CNN, The Washington Post, The Associated Press, USA Today, The Huffington Post, among other prominent news outlets.
The Applecart Product Team works at the intersection between the business and technology wings of the company. We are responsible for guiding the development of our core products to ensure that they meet the expectations of all the stakeholders, from the analysts in our office to the users in the field, to the highest level decision makers of the company.
We are looking for a product manager who will own all entity resolution, deduping and profile search technology at Applecart for the purpose of graph building, entity enrichment, client data integration and future deliverables to deploy against our political and commercial product lines. Your work will directly affect our clients in the form of election outcomes, increasing political and non-profit fundraising yields and optimizing advertising spends and risk assessments.
- Assess and implement techniques such as entity aliasing, attribute distance functions, network similarity and facial recognition to dedupe and resolve entities within and across diverse datasets
- Communicate the value of potential technology and data opportunities across engineering, client services, operations, sales, marketing, and leadership
- Define and evolve the product vision and direction for one or more key areas while tactically managing feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Establish and communicate a prioritized roadmap for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with engineers, analysts, and data scientists to coordinate agile product development including standups, sprints, retrospectives, and evolving processes
- Lead product roll out efforts across technology, internal users, and client facing teams to create collateral including knowledge shares, demos, documentation, etc
- Define and track KPIs to measure success and identify ongoing improvements
- Gather feedback from users of existing products and create specs for future development that balance business and tech priorities
- Be a visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- Manage market research and opportunity assessments of new product improvements and industry specific applications through cost-benefit analyses, effective MVPs, and product decision frameworks
- BA/BS ideally with computer science course work or significant real world experience
- 2+ years of applied product management experience (especially startups)
- Knowledge of basic data analysis concepts like SQL, probability, and visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to provide data and value-driven thinking to products and communicating that thinking through easily digestible KPIs
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Experience building and sustaining cross-functional relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders across business and technology
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and the product development environment
- Passionate about having a strong impact and contribution
- Enjoy in-depth discussions with engineers and data scientists to understand the implications and trade-offs of implementation and product decisions
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning
- Background in entity resolution problems on profile data, companies and/or products
- Experience working with Apache Spark, ETL, or data warehousing products
- Understanding of various data collection techniques such as APIs and web scraping
- Significant interest or background in politics, adtech and/or behavior modeling is a big plus
- Experience with search technologies such as Elastic Search or Solr
To apply for this job please visit applecart.recruiterbox.com.