Overall Purpose of the Role
We’re looking for people interested in working in a quickly-changing environment where they can help define their role.
Main duties and responsibilities
In this position, you’ll:
- Coordinate with stakeholders to do high-impact analyses and build products in collaboration with a research specialist, and with support from engineering
- Turn stakeholder discussions into project ideas, and help plan and prioritize their execution
- Lead roadmapping and planning data projects
- Plan and help execute development and exploration of new and existing datasets for application to investment research, with support from the rest of the data team
- Evaluate data sources and providers for reliability, quality, and usefulness
- Present analyses to stakeholders in research and product
- Help turn models and analyses into data-driven products where your focus can shift more or less toward each of these points depending on your strengths!
- PhD, MS, or 3+ years experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/computational discipline.
- Experience with building data products and participation in sprint-based agile development
- 3+ years experience with open source machine learning or statistical analysis tools
- 3+ years coding experience, Python preferred.
- 2+ years experience using standard development tools, including Git and JIRA (or similar)
- Experience mentoring colleagues in data science, including problem-solving and pair-coding
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large structured or unstructured datasets for analysis.
- Advanced undergraduate or higher coursework in Statistics or Probability Theory as well as Linear Algebra
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a non-technical audience.
- A preference for using fast, simple approaches over complex approaches to hard problems
- Eagerness to develop a culture around alternative data sources
- The ability to establish new workflows for new problems
- The desire to continue expanding your skill set to include new math methods and computational methods
- Experience working with unstructured data and natural language processing
- Experience with large-scale data analysis (e.g. with cluster frameworks or online analysis methods)
- Experience with methods for causal inference with non-experimental data
To apply for this job please visit barclays.taleo.net.