BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for smaller businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially-available cyber threat databases in the world.
With BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
BlueVoyant and its team are driven by the goal of securing our economy and our infrastructure from cyber vulnerabilities.
At BlueVoyant, data scientists:
- Formulate, develop, and evaluate of AI/ML techniques to automatically predict/detect cyber attacks
- Help build a foundation for repeatable and scalable data science processes
- Contribute code to the software suite during various elements of the software engineering lifecycle
- Work closely with analysts and engineers
- Significant expertise with at least two of: supervised learning, time series analysis, outlier detection, or deep learning
- Deep knowledge about at least three of: experiment design, hypothesis testing, parameter estimation, stochastic processes, optimization, or utility theory
- Familiarity with (or capability to learn quickly) at least two of: Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Tensorflow, Kafka
- Experience with (or capability to learn quickly): Python, Java, and/or Scala
- Strong problem solving and scientific mindset (PhD preferred but not necessary)
Candidates should be comfortable with:
- Working in a rapidly changing code base
- Working with shifting goals and priorities
- Applying software engineering best-practices
- Significant autonomy
At BlueVoyant, you will:
- Participate in all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support
- Refine our development methodology based on agile/lean practices with continuous feedback and well-defined metrics to drive improvement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Identify competitive offerings and opportunities for innovation including assessments of risk/reward to the company.
BlueVoyant was co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters. BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the world’s preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel.
BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
BlueVoyant expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit bluevoyant.applytojob.com.