At botswatch Technologies, we build innovative software solutions to tackle one of today’s biggest challenges: the manipulation and harmful use of the information environment through emerging threats such as manipulation and disinformation on social media networks, manipulated regional narratives, manipulated audiovisual content (deep fakes), account spoofings and hack-and-leak tactics.
We understand these threats as data anomalies within the information environment data stream. Our technology is leading in identification and analysis of anomalies within the information environment automated and in real-time.
About the job
Botswatch Technologies’ engineers develop cutting-edge solutions for one of today’s biggest challenges: the manipulation and harmful use of the information environment. Our technology needs to identify rapidly changing anomalies within the data stream – known and unknown. You design, build and implement methodologies to analyze structured and unstructured data for highly accurate data analyses. Our engineers work on a small team together with product development and threat analysts. They are responsible to manage project priorities, deadlines and update documentation within their field.
- Master’s degree, PhD or equivalent practical experience in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or other technical related field
- Experience with general programming languages including Python
- Experience with one or more of the following: information extraction, knowledge discovery, data mining, content analysis, pattern recognition, supervised taxonomy, machine learning, information retrieval, neural networks, natural language processing
- Experience in challenging and testing methods and results through data visualization
- Experience in working in a collaborative environment of agile software development (Scrum or equivalent)
- Ability to discuss ideas and solutions on a cross-functional team with various backgrounds in computer science, technology, media, journalism and security
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
What you do
- Design, test and implement the next generation technology that change how information threats impact billions of people worldwide
- Design the next generation of highly accurate data and content analyzing applications and help to develop, test and implement them in large-scale systems
- Read latest papers for knowledge discovery in data and data-mining and identify new opportunities to further develop our technology
We offer competitive salary, an individual ticket for public transportation in Berlin and assist you in applying for a working visa for Germany if needed. There is a life at work and outside of work. Sometimes it is important to step back a day or be there for your family. Depending on your project and your role, working remotely is possible.
At botswatch Technologies, we want you to continue learning and developing. Botswatch is connected to our outstanding partners and expert community and to the world’s leading universities and research institutes. We empower our people to train and improve their individual skills in a highly motivated and international team in order to develop scalable security solutions for the challenges of tomorrow.
We are far from done yet
botswatch Technologies is an engineering company. We build our technology with passion and an open mind in a cross-functional team with backgrounds in data science, security and the news industry. We share a passion for innovative, unconventional approaches and complex challenges to data science and cyber reconnaissance. We believe that diversity of people, ideas and cultures leads to outstanding products.
We are finalist of the 2018 SXSW Interactive Innovation Award “Privacy & Security” and “New Technologies Startup AI and More” winner 2018, but we are far from done yet. Join the team to build the next generation of world’s leading products for information security.
You can send us your application online: https://botswatch.de/ads/data-scientist-ml/
or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
By applying for the job offer you agree that botswatch Technologies use your personal data in the recruitment process. The legal basis for processing your application data is Article 6 par. 1 lit. b) GDPR. Your rights in respect of data protection are part of Chapter 3 GDPR. You have the right to contact a supervisory authority. Regarding any questions, you can contact us via email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit botswatch.de.