Website Brightfield Strategies, LLC
Brightfield Strategies, LLC. is currently seeking to add to its software development team for opportunities in New York, NY or virtual remote U.S. locations. We are the leading workforce analytics platform provider to the Global 2000. The largest companies in the world use our AI platform – Talent Data Exchange – to design their workforce precisely right.
Position: Software Developer
We are seeking a self-motivated senior software developer with demonstrated experience with full stack Java platform web application development. We use an Agile development environment, working on state-of-the-art modeling and machine-learning. Work is delivered in two-week sprints with retrospectives for continuous improvement.
* At least 3 years of full stack Java development experience
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong communication skills
* Able to work independently and with little direct supervision or oversight
* MongoDB or other NoSQL databases, R, Python are a plus
* Big Data experience with Machine Learning a plus
* Experience with relational databases, Oracle PL/SQL or MySQL is a plus
* Experience with Jersey web services and Tomcat is a plus
* Comfortable in Windows and Linux environments
* A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent, is required.
* Agile development experience – Daily-standup, sprint, retrospectives, kanban, and pair-programming are old-hat.
* Unit tests and code reviews are part of your product delivery
* Performance tuning and memory analysis are two of the tools in your development kit
* Ability to handle multiple projects with various priorities and deadlines
* Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
* Strong problem solving skills. Creative, analytical, adaptable, logical and thorough
* Data visualization technologies
* Self-motivated, driven, independent
* Understanding of design patterns and programming by contract
* Technology : RESTFul Web Services, Spring DI, jQuery, Ajax, JSP, AWS, Azure
* RDBMS : Oracle, MySQL
* NoSQL: DynamoDB, MongoDB
* Tools: Eclipse or Idea, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Git, Subversion, Trello, Wiki, Jira
Brightfield provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and leave package, health and dental medical coverage, 401k retirement plan, and more.
Brightfield Strategies is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Brightfield Strategies is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.
If you are interested, please send your resume to Christopher Minnick email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org