Website Broker Genius
Broker Genius is the most powerful pricing technology in the event ticket industry. It allows ticket resellers to create their own custom rules to automatically reprice their tickets in line with real time market price.
Our proprietary software is used by many of the nation’s largest ticket re-sellers and has raised profitability by up to 50%. In 2016, our clients represented about $1.5 billion worth of ticket inventory – over 20% of the entire secondary market.
You must be an expert in creating large scale enterprise relational and nonrelational databases, be familiar with best practices for schema design and query optimization, experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and understand the pros and cons of each and when one would use one over the other. Should be familiar with the challenges of “big data” and the technologies to store and retrieve the data for mining purposes.
Desired Skills and Experience
● Database design: architect, install, implement, test and maintain highly scalable real-time data
● Data warehousing – ETL, Auditing, Data Quality
● Data collection: Research opportunities and build ingest pipelines for new ‘alternative’ data sources
● Data transformation: collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members
● Automate all processes
● 5 years experience as a Data Engineer
● Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Math/Statistics/Finance or related discipline
● Strong background in an object oriented language (C++, Java)
● Proficient in Python and use of design patterns
● Apache Hive/Spark/Hbase/Drill
● MySQL, SQL Server, or other relational DBMS
● Elastic (formerly Elasticsearch)
● At least one unix scripting language (bash, ksh, csh, sh)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and care only about your merit. We are able to sponsor work visas (H1b, etc) if needed.