At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what’s most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As a Machine Learning engineer on the Insight team, you will collaborate with firmware and full stack engineers to design, plan, and build customer-facing analytics tools. Meraki’s cloud-managed model offers a unique opportunity to draw upon data from millions of networks across our wide ranging customer base. The goal is to use the rich telemetry data available from these networks and combine it with the power of machine learning and the cloud to build an analytics engine that can provide intuitive, yet detailed insights into the performance of customer networks. Given the size and scope of Meraki’s deployment, this provides a unique engineering opportunity to build an impactful solution that can help improve our customer experience at large.
The Meraki Insight team is building the next generation of analytics products. We offer customers unique visibility into their IT infrastructure. Our engineers excel at manipulating complex data sets into clear visualizations and utilizing Machine Learning and AI techniques to facilitate better outcomes. We are passionate about building products our customers love.
- Build a system that ingests real-time streams of network performance data and identifies network performance degradation, optimizing for both low latency and few false positives
- Design models that predict network performance for customers to help them understand their network performance issues
- Work with firmware and backend engineers to design uplink selection algorithm for SD-WAN
- Collaborate with full stack engineers to make intuitive data visualizations and integrate predictions seamlessly and powerfully into the user experience
- Build, maintain, and monitor data pipelines and infrastructure for training and deploying models
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Advanced training in mathematics, statistics, and modeling
- Experience programming in Python AND some other programming language like scala, golang, ruby, etc.
- Experience working with algorithms and building models for supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Experience using data processing and ML libraries such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Experience working with distributed computing engines like Apache Spark, etc. and real time data streaming services like Amazon Kinesis.
- Experience implementing and monitoring data pipelines.
- Experience or interest in networking
- Experience or interest in Explainable AI techniques and visualizations
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Please apply at: https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs#2178891
To apply for this job please visit meraki.cisco.com.