In order to promote data-driven decision-making company-wide, commercetools is in need of your help if you are an experienced data engineer who has a thing for building things from scratch! Being one of the first members of our newly-established Data Analytics team, you and your teammates will be a catalyst for change in how our organization stores, processes and utilizes data. The ultimate goal is to create a platform to give our business units a more thorough insight into our customers’ behaviors. Ideally this would not be the first time that you face this challenge before and you cannot wait to be challenged again!
About your new role:
- Help us to build an in-house data warehouse from scratch that will enable data analysis and data-driven decisions for the whole organization
- Build and manage ETL workflows to integrate data from many sources into a single source
- Design a framework to ensure data is accessible, up-to-date, secure, consistent and complete
- Work across teams to define organizational needs and ensure business requirements are met
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- Working experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Applied experience in a software engineering role
- Knowledge of data modeling and schema design especially for distributed, column-oriented databases (e.g. Google BigQuery or BigTable)
- Experience with writing production code in Scala, Python or Java
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining scalable ETL pipelines
- Experience with Kafka
We are looking forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions you can reach out to Janosch Fingerhut in the talent team. (+49172 2631438)
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.