Website DANIEL DEFENSE LLC
Daniel Defense engineers and manufactures the world’s finest weapon systems and accessories. We are intensely focused on providing top quality small arms solutions to our military and law enforcement communities as well as to civilians seeking premium rifles for home defense, hunting and sport shooting.
The Data Science Engineer will be responsible for the functions outlined below
- Responsible for demonstrating commitment to and leadership of environmental health and safety principles, policies and procedures
- Responsible for architecture, development and maintenance of digital commerce databases, warehouses and lakes
- Scope, develop and deploy and maintain microservices and/or APIs to collect and/or serve Digital Commerce relevant data to Digital Delivery, Digital Marketing, IT and BI Analyst teams
- Scope, develop and deploy data models for demand forecasting, customer segmentation, etc
- Participate in data governance and compliance steering committee
- Responsible for ecommerce system data integrations between ecommerce website, marketing automation platform, ERP, CRM, 3rd party APIs, etc.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date data map across all relevant systems
- Identify, scope and ingest new data sources that present actionable opportunities
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by management.
- Able to live by and uphold the core values of a Daniel Defense employee.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
- DTC Ecommerce experience preferred
- SQL, Snowflake, Python or R required
- Optimizely experience preferred
- Data management including data governance experience
- Experience strategizing and/or executing AI and ML. NLP experience is a plus
- Possess critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Should enjoy solving complex technical problems and are able to work independently
- Stay up-to-date on latest systems, processes and best practices
- Highly effective communication skills
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to write technical documentation & interpret business requirements
- Real-time problem-solving
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the work day.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.
Daniel Defense is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a “Drug-Free Workplace.”
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Daniel Defense is an at-will employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.