We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer who is interested in joining a mission driven company working on diverse research projects.
Using internal and external sources of data, you will build platforms that help establish a better understanding of the data used in specific research projects. Diverse sets of noisy data sets are critical to breaking new ground and producing state of the art results in research on our mission to solve intelligence. We are looking for an extraordinarily capable and enthusiastic individual to bring large-scale real-world data ingestion to our research environment.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
Over the last few years we have created a special environment where long-term, moonshot research flourishes. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general- purpose learning algorithms, which we then apply to solve real-world problems. We are making significant progress and have made a number of high profile breakthroughs. Our business has a start-up, entrepreneurial culture but operates within a high-profile, global company – this dynamic combination makes us distinctly collaborative and resourceful, as well as extraordinarily ambitious.
- Take part in the design, development, testing and deployment of platforms for ingesting, analysing and visualising varied datasets
- Report and present data ingestion developments including status and results clearly and efficiently, verbally and in writing
- Draw insights from large, noisy real-world datasets that can be used to inspire research
Perform statistical analysis on datasets, potentially extending to working with research engineers and scientists to implement ML models
- Degree in STEM subject, experience working with applied statistics is beneficial
- Full-stack experience spanning construction of robust ETL / data pipelines, and the development of associated visualisation tools based on real-world data
- Programming experience in Python (including a solid grounding in the PyData stack) and a desire to learn new programming languages
- Experience working with large and noisy datasets
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualisation
- Knowledge of relevant Google tools (e.g. Spanner, Stubby, protos, GoogleSQL) preferred but not required
- Contributions to open source projects
- A passion for AI and Research/Experimentation
- Eager to make a long-term commitment and contribution to the DeepMind team
To apply for this job please visit deepmind.com.