EpochGeo specializes in supporting the full spectrum data cycle
EpochGeo is looking for a junior to senior level Data Scientist to support one of the most exciting, and technically challenging, data rich projects in the national security space.
Are you a data scientist, economist, mathematician, technical geographer, or similar, who loves to work with data, find patterns in it, and then turn it into actionable intelligence? Are you a data scientist who loves to draw out insights from data, and then work collaboratively with analysts and engineers to turn those insights into automated workflows? If so, please reach out to us at EpochGeo to chat.
Big data problems can be overwhelming, inaccessible, and noisy. EpochGeo is a data services firm specializing in supporting the full spectrum data cycle: beginning with scalable data storage and ending in producing impactful analytics. Our developers, analysts, and data scientists have a proven track record applying open-source innovative technology, data science, and actionable analytics to inform customers’ data driven decisions.
Your background likely includes:
- 1 – 5+ years of experience of data engineering, coding in python, SQL, and familiarity with Keras, Tensorflow, or PyTorch frameworks preferred.
- Education or experience in Data Science, Economics, Computer Science, or Geography.
- Proven history of applying machine learning and statistical methods to complex problem sets that resulted in successful outcomes.
- Experience querying and integrating data flows from an Elasticsearch instance as well as presenting and retrieving data via Kibana.
- A bonus to have military and/or DoD/IC experience in any of the following disciplines: data science, computer vision, target development, geospatial, or statistical analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Exploiting multiple big data environments for insights that can be automated at scale with developer assistance.
- Working in a dynamic environment to identify customer opportunities to apply machine learning algorithms.
- Creating and fine tuning machine learning hyperparameters or utilizing AutoML solutions to optimize machine learning algorithms to solve customer problem sets.
- Preparing data visualization products from your analysis that turn into finished intelligence products and reports.
Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Geography, or a similar field
Must hold a TS clearance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org