Note: Applicants please submit a recursion to print the Fibonacci sequence (in Python, R, or Java) along with your resume.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Expedia’s Marketing Analytics group. We are looking for a self-motivated, driven and independent candidate who will have end to end ownership over driving impact to one of Expedia’s biggest Marketing channels.
Our team tackles complex business problems by finding the balance of data and analysis with business acumen. We embrace Expedia’s toughest challenges in content optimization & customer personalization and deliver innovative solutions using big data mining and statistical methods that maximize ROI. With great access to the latest technology this could be an exciting position for someone who likes to explore and deeply understand Search Marketing.
- Leverage ‘big data’ native to Search Marketing to enhance and extend Marketing insight.
- Text Analytics: Understand the effect of text content on performance and build solutions that endorse successful text elements.
- Explore new data sources via APIs and scraping. Storing and manipulating data in AWS or similar.
- Discover and define your own work – great sense of ownership and pro-actively finding opportunity.
- Set up multi-variate testing to measure the impact of on-going campaigns and new initiatives.
- Built strong relationships with the Marketing team and communicate findings to business and technical audiences across the company.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Strong working knowledge in at least one of Java, Python and/or R
- Experienced in Excel
- Critical thinker, problem solver
- Working knowledge in machine learning techniques such as Bayesian Methods, Classification, Clustering, Decision Trees, Linear and Non-Linear Programming, Random Forests, SVM, and etc.
- Working knowledge of NLP techniques
- Familiarity with AWS and Qubole
- Familiarity with Search Marketing
- Strong business analytics skills (MVT, Attribution & Measurement)
- Experienced with Omniture/ Google Analytics
- Experienced in Reporting and Business Intelligence (Tableau, Qlikview etc.)
- Highly collaborative, used to work in a consensus driven culture
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Proven track-record of professional experience
- Experience with big data environments
- Fun and easy to work with!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.