Website Fable Data Limited
Anonymous consumer spending data and analysis.
About Fable Data
During my time in government and business I helped Ministers, industry leaders and global investors make strategic decisions. Too often these decisions are based on data sets that are small in sample, stale and skewed. This leads to sub-optimal decision on matters of policy, capital allocation and commercial strategies – ultimately negatively impacting economic growth, job creation and levels of investment into public services. I was frustrated, and at times very worried. And believed there must be better data out there. Which is why I set up Fable Data. We are working with technology and financial partners from across Europe building anonymous consumer data sets that are real-time, large scale, accurate and predictive. We can see the economy in real time, anonymously. There are many commercial applications for this data, and significant revenues to be generated for our partners; but my personal mission is to get this data into the hands of decision makers everywhere, as better data will lead to better decisions, and I believe, a better world.
Luke Kennedy CEO
Data Scientist – Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an aspiring Data Scientist at the start of their career or with a year or two of experience. Someone who is keen to learn and willing to contribute at a start-up.
Develop, grow and document Fable’s Data Science Capabilities and knowledge
Fable’s success depends on the quality of our Data Science output. We need to understand Partner Specific data, Market Specific data and Merchant / string specific data in order to develop better models and features than better than any competitor
· Effectively manage projects, tasks and stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief specification whilst ensuring minimal downtime and maximum utilisation.
· Challenge and improve Fable DS through development of tools or processes that offer opportunities to Fable and our clients.
· Create training data sets as inputs for our predictive models
· Work closely with key internal stakeholders (Product Team, Technology Team) to ensure sound knowledge of end client objectives to inform feature and product development
· Follow best practice in compute resource management to help ensure that infrastructure is used optimally
· Develop an understanding of the technological and analytical developments throughout the industry
· Work closely impart and advocate the adoption of new techniques and best practice
· Monitor new technological developments and competitor products aiming to make Fable the market leader
Shape and role model adoption of the processes and tools we use to ensure they are fit for purpose
Process underpins our success and efficiency. We need to record our exploratory work (the failures and successes) and translate this into production code with rigorous quality control and audit. We need a log of technical work and data dictionary to record the discoveries we make as our partners, pipeline and products evolve.
· Azure DevOps (GitHub) for code source control for development and production code with comments and notes on why and how a version has been incremented
o Before: Write project briefs with clear output objectives, technical approach and timing plan
o During: Regular QA, tracking vs tasks on timing plan and progress summary for internal stakeholders
o After: How to documents on our DS pipeline – technical audience and exec summary for non-technical audience
· Shape the VM images with the CTO to drive efficiency and manage costs
· Evolve Fable’s data science – keep an eye on technical advances and competitor landscape
Security is of paramount important to our commercial relationships. We must adhere to laws of the jurisdictions that we operate in. We must protect data that comes from our partners and all the value that we create from processing it. Security includes data, systems and physical access. All are potential sources of vulnerability that we must be aware of and protect.
· Adhere to and contribute to Fable’s Data Security policy and practical implementation
· Protect Fable’s IP
· Protect confidentialities: Partners, Clients, PII and information that could be used in conjunction with other data to identify an individual
Create the culture of a world class data science company
Communicate complex techniques to internal and external clients who will have a need for different levels of depth and understanding. Understand the requirements of the stakeholders when developing solutions, while focusing on the end result, not just the technique. Build relationships with Fable staff, Data Partners and Client staff
· On boarding new starters. Develop and run the induction process.
· Recruitment: Talent pipeline, interviewing and University out reach.
· Networking and learning: Meet ups, desk research and conferences.
· Proficient in Python, with knowledge of various packages including sklearn, numpy, Tensorflow and Matplotlib
· Understanding of a variety of machine learning models, such as XGBoost and Neural Networks and their trade-offs
· Familiar with Word embedding and Multi classification techniques
· Experience with developing production code along with an understanding of source control via Git
· General understanding of web scrapping
Knowledge of the retail environment in France, Germany, Spain and Italy and a major European language would be beneficial but not essential.
To apply for this job please visit www.fabledata.com.