You will engage in data exploration and modeling to augment the investment process within the Asset Management business. As part of this process, you’ll leverage new techniques and methods as well as alternative data sources to add value to the portfolios. This includes carrying out analysis in partnership with research analysts, portfolio managers or other investment professionals on individual credits, sectors, asset classes, portfolios, strategies, or other domains of research.
This position is based in Boston, MA and ideally this individual will spend one to two days per week in our Merrimack, NH office.
- Engage with Fixed Income, High Income & Alternatives, and Global Asset Allocation businesses
- Respond to a variety of quick turnaround requests for data and analysis
- Engage in medium to long term research-oriented projects and data modeling
- Collaborate with research analysts, portfolio managers and other investment professionals, as well as with the technology groups supporting our initiatives
- Participate in team meetings and present findings to other investment professionals
- Monitor market conditions and developments within the various asset classes
- Maintain current model output
- Keep up with new developments in AI, machine learning, and alternative data
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, or a closely related field
- Exposure to or interest in asset management or investment research
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
The Skills You Bring
- Ability to engage in the data science research process, including data exploration, model development and evaluation, training, validation, and deployment
- Strong ability to program using Python
- Experience programming in MATLAB and R ideal
- Familiarity with cloud services and handling large data sets
- Familiarity with data visualization
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.