Website First Data
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
The position will be a part of the Credit Risk Analytics and Decision Science team, responsible for reducing credit and fraud losses (Merchant processing, Leasing and Cash Advance) through robust and automated underwriting and risk monitoring decisions.
This role will be a key enabler to implement underwriting and risk monitoring controls through the use of existing and new data, informed analytics and reporting.
This is an exciting time to join First Data as the company and the Credit Risk teams under new leadership are going through a transformational journey. You will get great exposure to the payments industry, the merchant and transaction data that flows through the payment network and how we apply innovative techniques to prevent fraud and credit losses and grow the business.
Job Specific Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work on one or more of the following job functions:
- Data Sourcing and Governance
- Evaluate and source data from internal and external sources to support robust credit and fraud risk decisions
Partner with Technology team to:
- Shape up the design of a scalable data warehouse that can be used for credit and fraud risk modeling, analytics and reporting
- Develop sound and efficient data quality monitoring and issue resolution process
Ultimately, create a single version of truth (System of Record) by implementing relevant data enrichment techniques
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to develop and implement a robust Data Governance program
Reporting and Analytics
- Assess strategic reporting needs in collaboration with business leaders
- Develop roadmap for streamlining and automating common metrics / reports
- Partner with Technology team to evaluate and implement data visualization tools (such as Tableau) for better user experience
- Track reporting usage, develop and implement framework to prioritize enhancements and resolve issues
- Generate insights by assessing key performance indicators / trends and present to business leaders
Manage and Transform Credit Risk Platforms
- Implement credit and fraud risk decision rules and statistical models in collaboration with the modeling experts
- Measure the effectiveness of existing credit risk decision rules and models; generate insights to implement new enhancements
Partner with Technology team to:
- Integrate and validate new data sources and attributes in the Credit Risk Analytics and Production Platforms
- Monitor and resolve production issues
- Support transformation of risk platforms through advanced and sustainable technology, new data sources and real-time decisioning
- Master’s Degree required in Computer Science / IT
- At least 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: risk / marketing analytics, reporting / MIS, data warehousing, big data, technical product management will be required
- Strong technical skills and problem solving ability with proficiency in SQL/SAS, Excel or other analytical tools / programming languages such as R, Pig, Hive, Python will be preferred
- Exposure / knowledge of statistical / financial modeling in FINTECH / payments domain will be a big plus
- Exhibited direct / indirect people leadership on one or more projects
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects on a concurrent basis and be able to meet deadlines under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with other internal staff and external vendor / partners
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://fdc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=2056030&lang=en →