Fusion Media Group (FMG) has become one of the largest publishers on the web by producing content young, engaged audiences care about. We connect compelling content with larger audiences, registering 100M+ average monthly uniques and we reach more young adults than the competition, at 47M+ average monthly A18-34 uniques. FMG has the web’s most original and beloved brands under one roof. Some of them are Gizmodo, Jezebel, The Onion, and Earther.
About the Role
FMG is looking for someone who can use statistical tools to analyze its digital site, advertising and commerce data and tell a story with it: Interpret the data, gain insights, and make recommendations to grow efficiencies (by optimizing manual tasks), revenue, our audience and engagement.
Fusion Media Group is a diverse cool place to work and there are tons of interesting projects you can have your hands on. Come join my team! Work experience as a Data Scientist is a big plus. Previous work experience in a media company is a plus.
Please apply at https://gizmodo.com/careers/job/973135?gh_jid=973135
Position responsibilities (3-7 years of professional/academic experience):
- Multi-task and work in a fast paced and changing digital media environment.
- Collaborate closely with different functional teams across the organization such as Editorial, E-commerce, Data Engineers and Product to identify opportunities for leveraging company data as well as implement solutions and monitor outcomes.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Think critically to identify key metrics and track them using various analytics and ad reporting tools.
- Query & analyze data: SQL, excel & pivot table mastery.
- Data analysis, visualization & predictive modeling: Python (incl. pandas, scikit-learn), R (incl. ggplot2), Redshift/BigQuery/SQL-like language, Hadoop/Spark/other ‘big data’ framework is a plus.
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Google Analytics, DFP, Moat, multivariate testing tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of tag management systems is a plus
- Advertising and media experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Data Science, Communications, Marketing
- Graduate degree strongly preferred
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://gizmodo.com/careers/job/973135?gh_jid=973135 →