Website Hoxton Farms
We make real animal fat. Without the animals.
We’re looking for a Pilot Plant Bioprocess Associate to join our awesome team.
You will join our R&D team in London, operating mammalian tissue culture systems to support the production of cultivated fat and setting up our brand new pilot plant. Working alongside brilliant engineers, biologists, and mathematicians, you will implement novel protocols and technologies to drive our progress towards large-scale manufacture.
At every step, you’ll play a huge role in shaping the future of a young and dynamic startup.
As a Pilot Plant Bioprocess Associate, you will work within our Production team to cultivate cells into delicious adipocytes in our brand new pilot facility. You will expand and differentiate large cell populations in reactors, while ensuring these systems operate at peak efficiency. You will coordinate with the Bioprocess Development team to incorporate new instrumentation and hardware to monitor and analyse critical quality attributes. Your talent for collaboration, reliability, and love of all things mechanical will make you an essential member of our team.
You should have:
- A master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in biochemical engineering, upstream bioprocess engineering, biomanufacturing, or a related discipline
- Experience operating bench-scale and pilot plant reactors
- An interest in novel bioreactor development
- Experience following and writing SOPs
- Familiarity with stem cell culture
- Excellent aseptic technique in biosafety cabinets
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and drive
Ideally you’ll have experience in some, but not necessarily all, of the following areas:
- Bioreactor commissioning and maintenance
- Project management tools
- Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) software
- Sterile media preparation at 15-50 L scale
- Tissue culture automation
💰 Highly competitive salary (45-55k dependent on experience)
📈 Stock option plan
🏛️ Brand new lab and office in Old Street
🏡 Pension plan (matching up to 5%)
🏖️ 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
🚑 Private health insurance + gym discount
👐 Supportive and collaborative environment
💪 Being part of something amazing
Hoxton Farms is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging.
If you believe you would add value to our company but don’t meet all the criteria, we would still love to hear from you. We especially encourage applications from female+, LGBTQIA+, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the tech industry.
To apply for this job please visit hoxtonfarms.com.