Website Hoxton Farms
We make real animal fat. Without the animals.
We’re looking for a Scientist (Adipose Biology) to join our awesome team
Your expertise in adipose biology will make you an essential member of our R&D team in London. Working alongside brilliant bioprocess engineers and computational biologists, you will design and execute experiments to develop the best adipose tissue culture system in the world.
At every step, you’ll play a huge role in shaping the future of a young and dynamic startup.
We are hiring for junior, senior, and lead positions.
You should have:
- A PhD (or equivalent experience in industry) in adipose biology, lipid metabolism, obesity-related metabolic disease, diabetes or a related discipline
- Extensive experience working with cell culture models of adipose tissue and lipid metabolism
Enthusiasm, curiosity and drive
- A talent for teamwork and collaboration
Ideally you’ll have experience in some, but not necessarily all, of the following areas:
- Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell culture and differentiation
- Isolating primary cells from animal tissue
- Lipidomics and metabolic pathway analysis
- Histology and microscopy
- Tissue culture automation
💰 Highly competitive salary
📈 Stock option plan
🏛️ Brand new lab and office in Old Street
🏡 Pension plan (matching up to 5%)
🏖️ 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
🚑 Private health insurance + gym discount
👐 Supportive and collaborative environment
💪 Being part of something amazing
Hoxton Farms is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging.
If you believe you would add value to our company but don’t meet all the criteria, we would still love to hear from you. We especially encourage applications from female+, LGBTQIA+, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the tech industry.
To apply for this job please visit hoxtonfarms.com.