ImVitro is looking for a mission-driven machine learning engineer to join the Paris-based company as one of its first and pivotal employees to tackle a problem that concerns around 15% of couples worldwide: infertility. The ideal candidate is a machine learning expert with direct experience implementing recurrent neural networks in industry bringing AI products to the market.
Today, one of the main medical solutions to infertility is in vitro fertilization (IVF). And yet, its success rates only come close to 20-30% in Europe, which means patients have to repeat this difficult journey all too often, or give it up altogether. At ImVitro, we minimize the number of cycles patients have to go through by personalizing medical decisions to each patient’s journey. We apply AI to a variety of data that is routinely used by doctors to make complex and multifactorial decisions, starting with videos of developing embryos. We predict the impact of these customized decisions on success rates, thus making IVF more transparent, robust and reproducible. Our vision is to create an easier path to parenthood to ensure families can take their planning into their own hands.
ImVitro is an early stage Deep Tech start-up backed by US & European VC funds. It was founded in August 2019 and has already created strong partnerships with fertility centers. The company has been backed by several accelerator programs (Entrepreneur First, DeepTech4Good, Wilco, Agoranov) and was selected as one of Station F’s Future 40 2019 start-ups.
Role and responsibilities
ImVitro is now looking for an ambitious machine learning expert who will be key to designing with the rest of the R&D team the architecture of the first algorithms of a highly impactful, fast-growing company. This job will carry important responsibilities: the person will work closely with the founder, take part in early and long-lasting technical decisions and will be actively involved in shaping the culture of the company. This is a unique opportunity to be directly exposed to a fast-paced, demanding and exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem and to apply your skills in computer vision. As one of our first ML engineers at ImVitro, you will have a vital role in expanding our R&D by leading the development of RNNs for video classification.
Above all, the person needs to be excited about the mission of the company, and needs to be driven, curious and resilient. Candidates should have the “must” skills listed below; the “nice”are a plus.
- Minimum Masters in Computer science, Machine Learning or related technical fields
- Minimum 5 yrs experience with data science and ML in industry
- Minimum 1 year of experience applying RNNs (preferably LSTMs or GRUs) to real world applications in industry
- Proficiency with Python & ML tools (scikit-learn, Keras/Pytorch/TensorFlow)
- Good written and oral communication skills in english
- Experience with computer vision
- Experience with cloud and cluster computing (AWS is a plus)
Compensation & Perks
The employee will
- Receive a competitive salary and equity
- Have access to central offices in Paris at Agoranov, a prestigious Deep Tech incubator and be part of its amazing network of entrepreneurs and scientists
- Be able to participate in regular company events (e.g. team lunches, drinks)
- Have the opportunity to make an impact on patients and society at large
- Send CV (1 page) and cover letter (including 3 references) to email@example.com
- 30 min introductory video call with CEO
- 1hr technical interview
ImVitro is committed to building a diverse team and to equal employment opportunity, regardless of (including but not limited to) race, gender, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership, sexual orientation, gender identity. The company has been founded by women, is currently composed of both male and female members of different nationalities and is intent on strengthening this diversity as it grows. Therefore, we strongly encourage all applications, including those of women and any underrepresented minorities.
To apply for this job please visit im-vitro.com.