Website Leadership for Educational Equity
Nonprofit leadership development organization
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity is a nonprofit leadership development organization inspiring and supporting a network of civic leaders to eradicate the injustice of educational inequity.
Through one-on-one coaching, fellowships, workshops, and resources, LEE works to develop and inspire its members individually and collectively, across all disciplines – as policy makers, advocates, elected leaders and community organizers. LEE membership is free and currently open to all Teach For America corps members and alumni. LEE believes that when a diverse group of leaders, grounded in a commitment to equity, are in leadership roles, they will serve as a transformative force for and with students and communities.
LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. LEE is honored to have been selected as a LATINA Style 50 Award recipient and a “When Work Works” award recipient. We are also an Employer of National Service.
If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Strategy sub-team is responsible for providing analytics and insight to inform the organization’s strategic direction and strengthen internal operations to maximize LEE’s impact developing transformational leaders committed to achieving educational equity.
The Manager Marketing Analytics & Strategy builds and renders critical data-driven analysis translating to business insights and thought partnership across LEE’s communications, marketing & engagement strategies to increase conversion of LEE members into leadership roles where they can impact education policy. The primary portfolio of this role will be to provide analytic support and data-driven insights to our Communications Team to target, monitor and evaluate the success of our various communication strategies.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Strategy & Analysis.
Position Location: Flexible
Travel Requirements: 10-20% Attend Team Retreats and in-person meetings. Currently no travel due to Covid-19.
- Build and maintain customized dashboards in Tableau, under direction of the Senior Director (SD) of Strategy, to track and monitor outcomes of marketing communications. This will require pulling data from our data warehouse and writing code in SQL
- Analyze and interpret data across various engagement channels (email, social and web), and formulate reports to internal clients and make recommendations
- Build strong relationships with the Communications Team, and across LEE, to collaborate on solving strategic challenges and developing analytically informed strategies
- Expert understanding of LEE’s communication strategies and outcomes (to be developed in role); remain informed on market trends, best practices and technical/platform evolutions that can enhance LEE’s communications work
- In coordination with the SD, Strategy, perform analysis of member data to surface rich insights and strategies using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Support Strategy team to facilitate organization-wide strategic and goal alignment and forecast year-over-year goal growth
- 4+ years related work experience, including 3+ years large-scale data analytics experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
- Proficiency in SQL and Google analytics
- Intermediate experience with visual display software such as Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with one or more marketing automation tools (preference for Pardot specialist certification or openness to attaining such credential)
- Demonstrated success in relationship building and influencing others to outcomes
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Experience developing or assisting the development of marketing communication strategies
- Experience calculating and using basic statistics
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within a geographically dispersed team
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
Benefits and Pay
Pay for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, LEE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; employer-paid basic life and AD&D insurance and short and long-term disability insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parental leave benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
To apply for this job please visit educationalequity.csod.com.