Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
The Machine Learning team helps connect Meetup members and groups by providing relevant recommendations, notifications, and search results. We are a collaborative team seeking a Machine Learning Manager to help build the next generation of distributed systems providing low latency data-driven content to our rapidly growing user base.
As an engineering manager, you will be expected to:
- Work with awesome people like Christine, Zach, Lauren, and Shayak!
- Drive team culture and be accountable for the success & development of your team
- Recruit and present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences and Meetups
- Foster research partnerships with academia
- Coordinate with other engineering, product, and design teams to create simple & meaningful data-driven experiences for our members and organizers
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and execution of our machine learning solutions in AWS and horizontally scalable environments with an emphasis on streaming and low-latency design patterns
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
- 3+ years managing engineers and overseeing their technical and non-technical development
- 7+ years work/educational experience with recommendations or search
- Contributed Scala, Java or C++ to a large, multi-user codebase
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks to robustly build, validate, test, and monitor statistical models
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch) databases and RESTful APIs
- History of publishing or making contributions to open source projects
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
To apply for this job please visit www.meetup.com.