Website Mercy Corps
International aid agency
Mercy Corps uses data extensively across all aspects of the organization. End-to-end across the organization data is used to inform and drive decision making around what grants to apply for, program quality evaluation, operational risks and day to day decision making around recruiting, HR and finance.
The intern(s) will work with the business intelligence developer and other relevant department stakeholders to develop data products that allow Mercy Corps to analyze organizational operations in recruiting, human resources and finance looking at hiring, employee lifecycles and grants management.
Additionally, there is an opportunity to work on Mercy Corps’ Gender, Diversity and Inclusion initiative a multi-year participatory, inclusive process that endeavors to facilitate living and breathing our Mercy Corps culture and values by ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion within our workplace, our teams and our work with the community. Working with data from all around the organization the intern(s) will help develop data products to guide conversations and organizational decisions.
- Network Analysis of Mercy Corps’ organization structure
- Analysis of employee turnover as relates to funding
- Others TBD as time allows
The intern(s) will develop skills in:
- R programming using the Tidyverse
- Techniques of data exploration, data visualization, and model development
- To create robust and repeatable analytic processes/data products
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal intern will have the following qualifications:
- Currently pursuing or recently completed Master’s degree in Statistics/Computer Science/Data Science/Mathematics/Economics/Science or equivalent
- Enthusiasm in creating persuasive data visualizations and analytical products
- Familiarity with R or Python and a willingness to learn R
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Initiative and the ability to work with others
- Able to provide pragmatic and practical solutions
Mercy Corps interns staff represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.