Website Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) seeks early and mid-career researchers experienced in all areas of research related to artificial intelligence and machine learning including reinforcement learning, nature inspired algorithms, deep learning, agent based modeling, and natural language processing. We are specifically interested in research focused on the development of new algorithms and methods that can be used to analyze large and complex scientific data using novel computer architectures such as high performance, neuromorphic, and quantum computing.
We are a community of top researchers who are ready to tackle the hardest problems faced by the country and the world, such as the development of advanced materials, clean energy, national security, and supercomputing. ORNL is an open science laboratory, where research staff are expected to participate in and demonstrate leadership in the international research community.
As a research staff member, you will have the opportunity to help solve some of the most challenging problems this country faces. You will perform ground breaking research on a wide range of significant problems with the fastest computing platforms in the world. This position requires novel thinking, teamwork, and discovery in finding new approaches for analyzing massive and complex data, collaborating with worldwide experts, and publishing ground breaking results.
- Perform basic and applied research in artificial intelligence and machine learning to further scientific discovery.
- Collaborate with top researchers and scientists on challenging national scale problems.
- Publish research results in top computer science conferences and journals.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Outstanding publication track record.
- Relevant research experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning or data analytics.
- Hands on experience with latest artificial intelligence and machine learning libraries.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, and/or Python.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of scientists, engineers, and program managers.
- Experience with high performance computing and novel computing architectures.
ORNL Ethics and Conduct:
As a member of the ORNL scientific community, you will be expected to commit to ORNL’s Research Code of Conduct. Our full code of conduct, and a statement by the Lab Director’s office can be found here: https://www.ornl.gov/content/research-integrity
Benefits at ORNL:
ORNL offers competitive pay and benefits programs to attract and retain talented people. The laboratory offers many employee benefits, including medical and retirement plans and flexible work hours, to help you and your family live happy and healthy. Employee amenities such as on-site fitness, banking, and cafeteria facilities are also provided for convenience.
Other benefits include:
Prescription Drug Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Contributory Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Disability Benefits, Generous Vacation and Holidays, Parental Leave, Legal Insurance with Identity Theft Protection, Employee Assistance Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Wellness Programs, Educational Assistance, Relocation Assistance, and Employee Discounts.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ornl.gov.