Use AI to drive commercial growth, with Decision Intelligence
Peak is the Decision Intelligence company. We are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company. One where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make Peak an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Engineering team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Purpose of the Role
To work with clients across multiple sectors; applying the latest research and technology to overcome real life commercial problems.
You’ll work as a key part of the data science team, who shape our products and drive growth by transforming how our customers operate. Interfacing with diverse people and situations – from academic experts to being onsite with our customers; this position requires a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. Furthermore, there is considerable opportunity to expand the role as Peak grows.
We’re looking for leading expertise in machine learning and data mining. An essential part of the role will involve keeping up-to-date with technological developments and research in the area. You must be enthusiastic for the discipline, excited by novel applications that these techniques offer, and have the ability to communicate your understanding and findings clearly to experts in other disciplines.
Personal Skills: we are looking for teammates who are:-
- Open – excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex information to those in other disciplines.
- Driven – shows high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence.
- Curious – naturally inquisitive with a problem-solving mindset.
- Smart – keeps up to date with the latest data science news, market results and industry announcements.
- Responsible – effectively balance competing priorities and work productively as part of the team.
We are looking for:
Experience in one or some of – statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics, natural language processing.
Proficiency in statistical and other tools/languages, specifically R and /or Python.
Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL.
Sound understanding of a wide range of statistical techniques.
Understanding and presenting of findings to a non-technical audience.
The Peak Decision Intelligence Platform
Leveraging serverless and container architecture, Peak is built for handling data at scale. It enables businesses to productionize AI, end-to-end, in a single platform. Insights and intelligence can be accessed via an array of outputs including in-built and custom apps, integrated via APIs and more.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak – Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture – Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech – you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
- Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI – we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
- Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution – and we will lead from the front.
- Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak is committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
- We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works. We have our clubhouses in Manchester, London, Jaipur, Pune, Mumbai and New York. Our decision intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive commercial outcomes.
Connecting data sets from across an organisation to provide predictive insight and recommended actions, the Peak platform directs fast and effective decision making. It is used by leading brands including Nike, Pepisco, KFC, Sika and PrettyLittleThing.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We have grown significantly over the last three years, and now number over 200 people globally. This year Peak received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognises extraordinary levels of employee engagement and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
To apply for this job please visit peak.bamboohr.com.