- Challenge yourself an innovative environment and help take the operation to the next level
- Take pride in your experience in solving business problems through data analysis and insights
- Permanent full-time position based in our Mascot Campus
At Qantas, we pride ourselves on forward thinking. We’re not afraid to challenge, we invent boldly, and we purposefully disrupt. In an industry characterised by competition and change, we stay ahead of the game by innovating and creating outstanding products and services for our customers.
Group Operations Insights (GOI) provides insights for safe and efficient operations, using data and analytics. We partner with all flying businesses across the group to focus on fuel and emissions reporting.
As the Principal Analyst, you will play a critical role in providing analytics and driving insights to improve fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions and achieve regulatory compliance across our Domestic and International operations. Your role will see you analyse complex operational data to identify key trends and provide insights and reporting to articulate problems and suggested solutions by partnering with the senior leadership team.
You’ll have –
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and statistical processes to provide insights for decision making and complex problems using data.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency using MS Excel or similar systems essential.
- Experience using systems such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik or programming experience in Python or R beneficial to hold.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mathematics, Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or related discipline.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to work with complex data to create models that capture the drivers of performance.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate large numerical data sets and market intelligence, extracting pertinent facts, drawing logical conclusions and generating measurable outcomes to present to senior management.
- Ability to analyse data as well as develop and interpret metrics to identify trends and develop strategies and processes.
- Strong skills in problem solving, accuracy, attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility and highly motivated with an organised approach.
- Ability to influence and educate the business on fuel and emissions compliance related impacts and associated trends in areas for further investigation.
- Comfortable using a wide range of computer systems, including MS Excel and Power BI and proprietary systems.
- Willingness to embrace new tools, methods and ways of working to achieve the best outcome.
Broad appreciation of wider strategic issues and drivers which shape the airline operations infrastructure, environmental impacts, Fuel, emissions and Climate.
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless. The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 18 weeks paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional paid leave for eligible employees.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member today and start earning Qantas Points. You could use your points to reward yourself with flight rewards, upgrades, hotels, car hire, and more. Join for free and save A$99.50.
Qantas are equal opportunity employers, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Applications close: 24 January 2024
Please note: Applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.