ABOUT THE ROLE
Spell is looking for an innovative, passionate and inclusive Technical Product Manager to join a team of talented engineers, designers, and sales people in developing an industry leading machine learning platform.
The Technical Product Manager will own the product, create and manage product vision, strategy and roadmap, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Ideally you will have experience working in a product or engineering leadership role on products that touch Data Science or Machine Learning workflows. You should be excited about facilitating clear communication around milestones, tasks and roadmap, and thoughtful about how to prioritize work that may benefit different customer and internal needs. You should also be enthusiastic about talking with our customers, looking at product insights, and working with other leaders at the company to turn data and insights into a specific and delightful vision for our platform. Product Managers at Spell have tremendous responsibility and with it the opportunity to become leaders for the next generation of tools for AI. This role will report to the CEO.
- Work in collaboration with the executive team to define and prioritize the strategic product roadmap, justified from key insights pulled from data and user research.
- Partner with Engineering and UX teams to define, prioritize and deliver great solutions for our product, and measure product improvement.
- Manage new feature development from design, user flows, user-stories, QA, and release and collaborate closely with design to craft impactful product experiences
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Coordinate engineering resources, track performance and ensure that milestones, release dates and post-release goals are met.
- Communicate product updates at weekly company-wide meetings, team lead meetings, and ensure a shared understanding of product goals across the company by building consensus on priorities.
- Collaborate with our marketing and sales teams to ensure product launch announcements and sales decks are planned and executed in a timely manner
- Partner with the Sales team to get product feedback and insights from current and potential customers
- Discover, follow, and share industry trends around best practices in MLOps to inform product evolution
- 5+ years product management, engineering or technical project management experience
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Technical background experience in programming/scripting (Python, R, etc.)
- Collaborating with lean, fast-paced teams and ability to learn new things quickly
- Willingness to adapt to evolving needs of a fast-growing start-up
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in CS/engineering/technical field or equivalent in experience
- Bonus: Previous data science or Machine Learning experience
To apply for this job please visit spell.ml.