Website The Chair of Statistical Learning & Data Science at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich
The Chair of Statistical Learning & Data Science at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich, led by Prof. Dr. Bernd Bischl, in close cooperation with the Fraunhofer IIS ADA Lovelace Center, is looking for outstanding applications for a postdoc position.
The successful candidate will join Professor Bischl’s research group, as well as the Fraunhofer Ada Lovelace Center in Munich and continue research in the field of AutoML, Algorithm Configuration, Meta-Learning, and Bayesian Optimization. Projects focus on research in the aforementioned fields, as well as research in application areas within the Ada Lovelace Center. The candidate will additionally aid in the supervision of Ph.D. students working in the field.
- Active research and publications
- Constructing and improving software implementations
- Support in teaching in machine learning
- Supervising Ph.D. students
- Ph.D. in statistics, machine learning, biostatistics, computer science or a related quantitative field
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Strong programming skills (R or Python or C++) and optimally experience in working with high-performance computation clusters for benchmarking
- Excellent academic publication track record in relevant machine learning journals and conferences
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, professional and confident communication with industrial partners is a strong plus
- Strong interest in Automated Machine Learning, Algorithm Configuration, Meta Learning and Bayesian Optimization
- Eagerness to support and supervise a team of highly motivated Ph.D. and graduate students, first experiences in team leadership is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The university is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped applicants will be given preference in the case of approximately equal qualifications.
LMU is interested in increasing the number of female faculty members and strongly encourages women to apply.
The position will remain open until filled and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The start date is as soon as possible, but negotiable.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send the necessary documents in a single PDF document via email to email@example.com quoting “Postdoc Application, ADA Lovelace Center” in the email subject line:
- A short statement letter promoting you as the ideal candidate for the position (~1 page)
- A detailed CV, with special focus on: obtained degrees, taken classes in relevant topics, publications, programming skills and projects, track record
To apply for this job please visit www.slds.stat.uni-muenchen.de.