Website The Pivot Group
Strategy that moves you to victory.
As a leader on Pivot’s Targeting and Analytics team, your focus is on using data to inform political strategy for our clients. Working collaboratively with Pivot’s Client Services team, you are bringing your vast experience with political data and analytics, along with your knowledge of the most up-to-date political analysis in the field, to the discussion. You can lead and mentor others in how to use this information and how best to communicate complex ideas. You have a great deal of experience managing large projects with complicated timelines and can be nimble in solving problems. Combining your leadership skills, ability to collaborate well with other teams, and experience managing projects, you will help bring about real Democratic victories across the US.
The Senior Data Analyst reports to Logan Vidal, Targeting Director.
This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2024 with competitive salary and excellent benefits. The nature of our business requires long hours during the election cycle and we expect all staff to be flexible in this area. However, Pivot works to ensure all staff maintain a healthy work/life balance.
The right person for the job will be a highly skilled data professional who can successfully deliver complex projects on time, and possesses exceptional communication, and problem-solving skills. Candidates for this position should be curious about the work and interested in learning new things.
What you bring to the team:
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience with a programing language, such as C++, Python, R, SQL, SPSS or Stata.
- Familiarity with Data Visualization tools like Tableau or Google Data Studio.
- Proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Flexible and can quickly adapt to fit team needs.
- Please include the word “Nectarine” somewhere in your cover letter.
- Commitment to racial equity, social justice, and Democratic causes.
- Proven experience managing deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong political acumen and experience working with other political organizations is preferred, but not required.
We understand that no applicant will meet 100% of the above qualifications. If you are interested in the role and believe you have the right skill set, we want to hear from you.
Applicants located in or able to work from a state where Pivot is registered as an employer are preferred. Eligible states include: AL, AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, and WI.
Source and Process Voter File Data
- Access voter file data from a variety of platforms and transform into clean, printer-ready mail lists.
- Perform regular quality control (QC) measures on complex, multi-variable jobs.
- Package data materials appropriately for production.
- Proof and perform final QC on all data products before production.
- Assist in updating Pivot’s data processes and support systems.
Leverage Data Resources and Learning Best Practices
- Develop and maintain an understanding of postal processing regulations, state-specific voter data availability, and advances and trends in the use of data in the progressive community.
- Creatively identify opportunities for targeting hard-to-find voters.
- Evaluate vendors for data sources and statistical targeting models.
Targeting Strategy, Campaign Analysis and Marketing
- Partner with Client Services teams (and in some cases clients) to develop targeting strategies for campaigns.
- Be a thought-partner in both the development of the overall strategies and specific targeting for programs.
- Derive clear, actionable, and timely insights from analyses of both voter file and available non-voter file data.
- Expertly leverage data resources, including voter files, microtargeting models, and synthetic tools to answer strategic questions for clients.
- Proactively support the marketing process, including giving data driven strategic input and as well as materials to include in proposals and pitches to the Client Services teams, and developing relationships in the consultant community.
Assist in Hiring, Training, and Management of Cycle Data Staff
- Assist with hiring of new data staff.
- Develop training materials for new hires within the data department, and other departments as well.
- Assist with training of new staff on list and counts processes.
- Lead and manage cycle data staff.
- Open to be a partner and resource for Client Services teams: Understand how targeting insights and analyses will be used and tailor to best fit clients’ needs.
- Flexible to targeting approach: Tailor approaches to targeting to specific circumstances, both in terms of strategic imperatives and available data.
- Comfortable working with numbers: Can interpret data from a variety of sources and excellent at communicating concepts orally and in writing.
- Well organized and meticulous: All analysis and files are produced accurately, consistently and on time.
- Prioritization with Flexibility: Should be able to manage multiple projects with varying levels of priority, but flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Culture of Collaboration: Partner with multiple departments to establish strategies to accomplish clients’ strategic goals.
- Detail Oriented: Affinity for working with large or messy data sets. Passion for documentation, fact checking, and quality control.
- Can work non-standard hours: Willing and able to work on nights and weekends as needed. 60 hour+ weeks can be expected during busy periods.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $80,000 – $85,000 per year, based off employee experience. There is also the opportunity for end of election bonuses, based off individual and firm performance.
In keeping with our commitment to a healthy workplace, all staff receive the following benefits:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% employer-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Retirement options with 5% employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid sick leave
- Equipment and other supplies to furnish your home office
- Annual employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Deskpass membership and $200 in monthly credits
Who We Are
A woman-majority owned firm, Pivot is committed to electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are an energetic team of experts specializing in voter communications through direct mail, advanced targeting, and provide strategic guidance to Democratic causes, organizations, and campaigns across the country. And we’ve created a workplace that lets us live out our deepest values. Thank you for wanting to join us.
Want to learn more? Find us on social media @the_pivot_group or visit our website www.thepivot.com
Diversity & EEO Statement
Pivot is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pivot follows all Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and employs personnel without regard to: race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of our hiring process, please contact us at 202-524-0048 or email@example.com .
To apply for this job please visit thepivot.bamboohr.com.