Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• transform large structured and unstructured data sets into actionable insights
• assist in the identification and evaluation of data sources and vendors
• create new data assets including those sourced through web scraping
• participate in brainstorming meetings to design, execute, and deliver novel solutions for investment debates
• monitor and understand the quality of underlying data sets collected from multiple sources
You will be working within UBS Evidence Lab Innovations in New York as part of the Incubator team. Evidence Lab Innovations is charged with helping clients make better decisions through data. The Incubator is a dedicated R&D team within Evidence Lab that works to source and commercialize new data assets and techniques.
• bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university; thesis or experience working in a research environment preferred
• 1-4 years of work experience incl. working with large datasets (e.g. in equity or quantitative research, academia, risk or operations, consultancy)
• technical background including working knowledge of SQL, Python, and analytic libraries such as pandas
• familiarity with git, data visualization tools, and web scraping technologies a plus
• advanced Excel skills
• intellectually curious with strong analytic, quantitative, and critical reasoning skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.