UMass Medical School
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, Administration & Finance, the Director, Informatics & Analytics directs a department that provides project management, analytics, data governance and systems support across Administration & Finance within UMass Chan.
Administration and Finance Systems Support
· Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations in Administration & Finance.
· Serve as the campus’ delivery leader for the original implementation and upgrades of the PeopleSoft financial and human resource modules; manage the campus resources for the projects; and represent campus business needs at the university system-wide level.
· Manage the Manager of Informatics and Analytics and a staff of approximately 10 department employees.
· Lead/Represent Finance and HRIS technical and business teams on designated Administration &Finance systems projects working with UITS. Advise and assess ERP selection & implementation
· Evaluate and implement new technology to automate current manual processes with the objective of increasing departmental accuracy and efficiency.
· Liaise between the business owners and technology leaders to ensure Administration & Finance requirements are included and met in current/new applications/systems.
· Coordinate designated systems governance committees.
· Oversee the staff that in charge of maintaining designated Administration & Finance Systems and Applications (Legacy and Client Server) including upgrades, system modifications, project management, testing (prepare and implement test plans) and training activities. Oversee financial reporting capabilities.
· Develop KPI’s, dashboards, analytical applications, business intelligence, data mining, and statistics to partner with business groups in making strategic recommendations.
· Identify new business opportunities and assess future impact of new initiatives to A&F team.
· Ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
· Oversee the staff that in charge of preparation of interim and year-end audit schedules systems and user documentation and the preparation of year end closing schedules (technical).
· Promote a team environment and provide work direction and guidance including coaching, professional development, and training for the team.
Business Intelligence & Analytics
· Drive initiatives for data accuracy, usability, availability, and efficiency for BI and analytics applications in A&F.
· Guide performance optimization of enterprise data and analytics tools and applications.
· In conjunction with the A&F Department Heads, develop standards and procedures for Administration &Finance analytics, data structures and data governance.
· In conjunction with the A&F Department Heads, identify and develop the enterprise strategy for analytics that effectively serves the data and reporting needs of UMass Chan.
· Provide leadership, coordination and problem-solving for data reporters throughout the organization.
· Oversee the team that directly manage the analytics infrastructure as well as the analysis and reporting of data across a variety of domains in support of UMass Chan.
· Oversee the team that builds out dashboards and analytic tools for a broad range of stakeholders, business owners and executives.
· Organize the structure and develop the team to enable a robust analytics function that provides strategic insight and supports data-driven decision-making.
· Assume responsibility for managing and strategizing on business intelligence platforms.
Project Management Support
· Oversee the project management staff who oversee large, often cross-functional projects or initiatives; bring together important stakeholders and help drive decisions
· Serve as escalation point for the project management staff
· Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations
· Selected other duties and responsibilities as required
· Graduate degree in finance, accounting, computer sciences, MBA or related disciplines.
· At least 7-10 years progressive experience in data analytics, project management, strategy development, systems implementation and change management.
· Understanding project management methodologies and best practice
· Ability to define business requirements to understand needs and strategize actionable insights.
· Deep expertise in business intelligence, analytics, methods, tools, platforms and processes required to design, build and operationalize analytic solutions
· Experience leading business intelligence warehouse/system.
· Familiarity with critical operations areas (e.g., HR, Finance, Analytics, Information Systems, etc.)
· Experience in department management, including personnel and financial management as well as building intelligence team to develop capabilities supporting the businesses through the development of dashboards, metrics, key indicators and analysis of chosen information.
· Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations, skills in conflict management techniques
· Innovative problem-solving skills with excellent critical thinking skills and strong analytical abilities
· Excellent skills in facilitation and influencing at the executive level
· Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
· Previous experience in managing and implementing visualization platforms such as Tableau, OBIEE or Spotfire
· Financial and accounting report writing skills experience preferred.
· Process improvement/project management experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.