We are looking for outstanding computer scientists with a research focus on the management of massive data, which is documented by publications in top venues in machine learning, data mining and/or database research.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree/PhD and at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution; as a general rule, applicants must have gained research experience outside the University of Vienna for a total of at least two years during or after their doctoral studies
- Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
- Experience in designing and participating in research projects, ability to lead research groups, willingness to acquire third-party funding
- Potential for successfully acquiring an ERC Starting Grant or an ERC Consolidator Grant (depending on career level) or comparable renowned funding within the qualification period.
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities or a teaching concept. Candidates are expected to be willing to teach students at all levels (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promote junior colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees.
- the opportunity to obtain a permanent position and eventual promotion to full professor. The successful candidate is hired as “Assistant professor” for a maximum duration of six years. If the candidate meets the conditions stipulated in the qualification agreement, the assistant professor is promoted to tenured “associate professor”, i.e. obtains a permanent position. If the conditions are not met, the employment will end upon expiry of the contract. Associate professors can be promoted to “full professor” through a university-internal competitive procedure.
- at least a salary according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff: section 49, job group A2
- in addition to the statutory social insurance, the University of Vienna offers a pension scheme to its employees
- a dynamic research environment
- attractive working conditions in a city with a high quality of life
- a wide range of support services offered by central service institutions
Get detailed information concerning your application at:
To apply for this job please visit univis.univie.ac.at.