Successful people at EES come from many different backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. For many roles, meeting the position requirements is essential, but we’re also interested in your communications skills, your attention to detail and the various attributes that affect how you work and how you relate to the people you work with. In short, we look for people with a passion for achievement, integrity and the desire to make things happen.
– Learn and understand existing architecture and database design of AIR products and contribute to the technical design of next-generation databases in the cloud, which may span across multiple products.
– Contribute to the distributed database schema design geared for scalability and performance using MPP database engines (Redshift) and relational transactional engines (RDS)
– Design and implement risk management business functionality and in-database analytics
– Identify complex data problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and design and implement solutions.
– Employ best database development practices to address performance and scalability issues with large databases.
– Design and develop reference databases along with the ETL applications required to build them.
– Participate in the design and development of the AWS-based data platform and data analytics.
– Strong analytical skills, real passion for working with data and intense curiosity in solving data problems
– Solid experience with data modeling and database design, OLTP and OLAP, data warehousing.
– Strong working knowledge of SQL Server with proficiency in performance tuning, troubleshooting and writing T-SQL stored procedures in an application-centric environment.
– Experience with Big Data technology and/or MPP database engines like Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica
– Experience with AWS technologies (Redshift, RDS, S3, Glue, NoSQL, etc.)
– Programming experience (Python, Java, C++, C#) a big plus
Education and Training:
– B.S. in CS or equivalent, Master preferred
– 5+ Years’ experience as a database engineer for B.S, 3+ years’ experience for Master’s
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.