We are looking for two Mid/Senior Data Scientists to support the development of insurance risk models. You would join Grzesiek and Hirek and their team in our office in Krakow, Poland.
In this role you will play a key role in the evolution of a model from inception to production. This will include transforming large complex data (of varying quality) into highly usable datasets, engineering high quality features, modelling the data using a variety of GLM and machine learning algorithms and ultimately producing commercially competitive models which are highly predictive of insurance risk.
This role will initially work on products related to home insurance and commercial property in the UK but this is expected to expand to cover a wider range of insurance products and across a variety of European countries.
– Support ISO’s Insurance unit to build analytics products for underwriting and pricing
– Under minimal supervision, execute data analysis and exploratory analysis (project design, processing of and cleaning of data, merging/joining disparate data sources, feature engineering, performing analyses and communicating results)
– Utilise statistical techniques and best practices to efficiently create model-ready datasets, that comply with regulatory and privacy requirements, and address business objectives
– Produce models using a variety of algorithms (GLM, GBM, Random Forest, Neural Networks etc.) and assess the relative strength of each model
– Document processes, code, implement version control, and create functions/template code so that your successes can be applied to new data with minimal effort
– Degree in math’s, science or analytics related discipline
– Strong experience in an analytics related role
– Solid programming experience ideally with Python and SQL Excellent understanding and experience with data manipulation, data validation, report generation, and visualization capabilities
– Ability to work independently with proficiency
– Detail-oriented technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
– Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.