Viacom is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who can leverage/develop innovative machine learning and data mining technologies, for solving novel and diverse sets of problems across linear and digital TV Integrated Marketing and Social Media. You will participate in the analysis, development and launch of all new data strategy products. You will support the development of data product strategies into tactical plans and will assist in coordinating and managing initiatives throughout the product launch. You will also assist in developing long-range strategy and studies products for future needs and applications. As the Senior Data Scientist, you will deal with large-scale data sets with intensive hands-on code development.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the following:
- Predictive Modeling.
- Collect, process and cleanse raw data from a wide variety of sources.
- Transform and convert unstructured data set into structured data products.
- Identify, generate, and select modeling features from various data sets.
- Train and build machine-learning models to meet business goals.
- Innovate new machine learning techniques to address business needs.
- Performance Attribution Modeling: Owning and advancing existing proprietary models that identify connections between linear and digital T.V. conversions, and the corresponding media drivers. Working closely with the account teams to assess the challenge, discuss the possible solutions, and execute a plan.
- Analyze and evaluate performance results from model execution.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or Statistics.
- Advanced statistical methodology, data mining, Bayesian networks, probabilistic models; software package and coding (R, SPSS – advanced, Java, Octave/Matlab – basic).
- Techniques: multiple, linear and logistic regression, ANOVA, MANOVA, factor, discriminant and cluster analyses, multidimensional scaling, PCA, ICA, SVM; Data cleaning, munging, organizing.
- Expert in Excel, proficient in a statistical software package (R).
Highly skilled in accessing data from relational databases (SQL, Python).
SQL, Tableau or similar data visualization tools and SiteCatalyst required.
Experienced with Teradata, MS SQL SSAS, Aster, Hadoop, and testing tools.
Highly skilled / certified with Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Statistics desired.
- Knowledge of T.V. buying process, metrics, and data sources including Nielsen, Rentrak, and, familiarity with T.V. buying platforms is a plus.
- Software development skills a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://viacomcareers-viacom.icims.com/jobs/6011/senior-data-scientist/job?mode=view →