Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom’s leading brands include Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, Comedy Central, TV Land, & Spike.
Viacom’s fans are everywhere, especially on emerging social media platforms. As part of our Social Media Data Strategy team, you’ll dive deep into gobs of unique social sets to understand and advise on creation and shaping of content that resonates deeply with our audiences.
With nearly a billion followers across mature (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) and emerging (Snapchat, Vine, Musical.ly) social platforms, Viacom has one of the most robust social presences in the world. Your job is to make sense of our footprint across owned, earned, paid, social talent and proprietary content lanes and power the engines of compelling data product used by our brands and advertisers.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an independent, self-motivated individual driven to build state-of-the-art data driven products with many of Viacom’s unique distributed data sources. We, the Data Strategy team at Viacom are looking to create be-spoke solutions and solve puzzles from the ever-changing social media industry.
What you’ll do/Job Overview
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines to power new product features based on analytics and machine-learning.
- Work in full-stack mode, moving fluidly between Python, Scala, Java etc.
- Build applications that are AWS ready.
- You’ve built your own highly fault-tolerant data pipelines from scratch, know what goes wrong, and have ideas for how to fix it.
- Join a tightly knit team solving hard problems the right way.
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company.
- Develop, test and maintain data architectures to ensure data analysis readiness.
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field.
- You have built and operated data pipelines for real customers in production systems.
- Must be in Scala, Julia, Python, Java and Kafka
- Have deep understanding, fluency and advanced application of modern data processing technology stacks i.e. Spark, Hadoop, MemSql ecosystem technologies, and others
- Also be exposed to R, Java and frameworks Storm, Hive, Redshift, Memsql
- Deep understanding of NoSQL technologies including column family, graph, document, and key-value data storage technologies.
- Deep understanding of relational database technologies and database development techniques.
- You’ve built your own data pipelines from scratch and have architected solutions for data science and analytics.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data warehousing techniques.
- You enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets.
- You tend to obsess over code simplicity and performance.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup-like environment.
- You are familiar with social APIs and their limitations.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://viacomcareers-viacom.icims.com/jobs/5471/social-data-engineer/job?mode=view →