WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software that combines data and cutting-edge technology to drive the way we find, build & operate physical spaces. Our software powers applications that impact every corner of the company, allowing us to make better sourcing decisions, design our spaces more intelligently, speed-up construction, optimize building operations, and ultimately empower our members to interact and grow within WeWork.
As a Data Scientist, Machine Learning in the Data & Analytics organization, you will envision and build products that use advanced analytics to help drive strategy and execution for WeWork’s product teams. You will work closely with engineers, analysts, product managers and designers to unlock WeWork’s growth potential by focusing on improving member acquisition and retention.
The ideal person for this role is highly analytical, feels comfortable bringing structure to complex systems, is passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, excels at delivering actionable insights, and sees data science as a powerful tool to impact the business through data products rather than as an end in itself.
- Collaborating with business units and product teams to identify and prioritize value creation opportunities
- Building and deploying analytical systems that use predictive modeling, recommendation systems, statistical inference, and optimization algorithms to infuse intelligence in products and business workflows
- Presenting updates, insights, and deliverables to the team and partners
- Staying at the forefront of technical advancement in data science
- Developing next-generation prediction and optimization algorithms where existing ones either fall short or are inadequate
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building analytical solutions powered by machine learning and/or optimization algorithms.
- Ability to break down and understand complex business problems, define a solution and implement it using advanced quantitative methods.
- Meaningful experience with and deep technical understanding of statistical analysis, machine learning (classification, regression, unsupervised, reinforced, etc.), predictive modeling, and optimization algorithms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods.
- Masters or Doctoral degree in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, computer science, physics, economics, engineering, operations research, etc.).
- Strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.