Website Zillow Group
About the team
Zillow is looking for an exceptional Applied Scientist to join our growing AI team. Our mission is to give consumers certainty and control when selling their home. In the Zillow Offers product, Zillow buys homes directly from interested homeowners, thereby sparing them the tremendous stress and effort of selling. Instead, we take that upon ourselves by quickly preparing these homes for the market and re-selling them. This is a key initiative at Zillow as we seek to define the future of real estate. Zillow Offers is ripe for machine learning integration (automated offers, forecasting home value changes, estimating home repairs, recommending new markets to enter, optimizing service fee, finding the perfect buyer for our homes and so many more integrations).
About the role
You will join a new team at Zillow tackling the analytic problems around crafting a dramatically better real estate experience for everyone from sellers to buyers, looking beyond our current product offerings to push the boundaries of what is possible. We are always looking for the best model for the job, whether it is a random forest, deep neural nets, matrix factorization, or GLM and if we cannot find one, we will invent it. At the center of Zillow’s effort to build the future of real estate, this team will be responsible for creating innovative solutions to challenging problems, many entirely new for the company but all central to our mission to empower the consumer and transform the real estate industry by building a true marketplace.
- Collaborate with other Applied Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to conduct cutting-edge applied research contributing to Zillow Offers.
- Translate business opportunities into well-defined machine learning tasks.
- Find insights in diverse data sets and leverage those signals by applying and developing state of the art machine learning models and statistical techniques.
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to productionize and ship those models.
- Communicate complex machine learning analyses clearly to all audiences.
Who you are
- Industry experience in a highly analytical role with a focus on machine learning, data analysis, financial analysis, or similar discipline.
- A Masters Degree and 2 years experience OR a PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Quantitative Finance, or other quantitative discipline.
- Expertise working with languages like Python, R, or julia.
- Technical knowledge of machine learning and applied statistics.
- Experience programming on large scale distributed systems such as Spark or Hadoop a plus.
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit careers.zillowgroup.com.