- This event has passed.
[Conference] Bloomberg’s Data for Good Exchange
September 28, 2015
The Bloomberg Data for Good Exchange is a catalyst for the use of data-driven problem solving for social good. The goal of this initiative is to connect data scientists, both academic and industry, with the NGO, public sector and non-profit partners who can benefit most from applied data science.
At the Data for Good Exchange participants will share success stories, challenges, and visions for the future of applications of data science to problems around social good.
The workshop will take place at 731 Lexington Ave New York NY on 9/28. There is no cost to attend. Click here for to view the agenda.
Keynote and workshop sessions will be organized around the following topic areas. Click here to see a complete list of accepted submissions.
- Government Innovation:
- How do we empower local leaders with the data science tools they need to make effective decisions?
- What needs to be in place for a city before data science can be applied?
- What role does open data play in these solutions?
- How should a city interact with “citizen hackers”?
- How can we use data science to understand pressing environmental problems like climate change and overfishing?
- How can we use data science to mitigate or remediate environmental problems?
- Public Health:
- How do we raise the global quality of life by addressing public health challenges?
- How can we pinpoint the places intervention would be most effective?
- How do we teach data science more effectively?
- How can data science tools contribute to a science education?