Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its data and analytic platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team to build cutting-edge machine learning technologies that will replace complex, time-consuming, manual processes with automation and intelligence that will help Govini end-users make scientific and analytical decisions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help develop solutions from data collection to large scale data manipulation. You will aid in defining our approach to long term data storage and low-latency retrieval. Your contributions will advance Govini’s reporting and analytical systems and solve big data problems that drive business performance. You will be a core member of the Decision Science team, utilizing your expertise in building high quality solutions and implementing well-designed models to impact the development of the team and deliver a transformative product.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Actively create, architect and deliver state of the art machine learning solutions designed to add intelligence to our data analysis and software-as-a-service platform
- Establish meaningful criteria for evaluating algorithm performance and suitability
- Develop clear software specifications for implementing trained models
- Implement working, scalable, production-ready Machine Learning and AI Process Automation models and code
- Optimize processes for maximum speed, performance and accuracy
- Lead the end-to-end software development of new feature functionality and design capabilities
- Craft clean, testable and maintainable code
- Keep up to date with Machine Learning best practices and evolving open source frameworks
- Regularly seek out innovation and continuous improvement, finding efficiency in all assigned tasks
- Collaborate closely with fellow software engineers, data scientists, data engineers and QA engineers
US Citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5 years building production-grade code for a product organization with at least 3 years experience in hands-on development of machine learning models
- Practical experience of building, developing and productionizing machine learning systems
- Advanced software skills in Python
- Experience in NLP
- Hands-on experiences with AWS and cloud infrastructure
- A strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- Prior hands-on experience working with data-driven analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively with little supervision
- A burning desire to work in a challenging fast paced tech environment
- Track record of implementing machine-learning based capabilities in user-facing products
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you believe you meet the qualifications above, and you’re prepared to perform complex, mentally rigorous work, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.