Website Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Helmholtz-Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center’s focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Exploration invites applications as
PostDoc (f/m/d) in Computer Vision / Artificial Intelligence for the Real-time Characterization of Electrolyzer Cell Parts.
The position will be available from 1st July 2021. The employment contract is limited to two years.
- Development of a sensor system and deep learning architecture for real-time characterization of electrolyzer cell parts on a conveyor belt
- reflectance and fluorescence spectroscopic characterization of electrolyzer cells
- parametric design of a hyperspectral sensor setup for fast in-line measurement of the particle stream
- development of deep learning methods for classification and segmentation of multi-channel data
- optimization of the computer vision/artificial intelligence workflow towards the realization of real-time processing
- PhD in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence or related fields
- thorough experience with deep learning-based classification, data fusion and real-time processing including respective coding skills
- experience in reflectance and/or emission spectroscopy as well as hyperspectral image processing is beneficial
- experience within the application fields of resources/recycling is beneficial
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- The employment contract is limited to two years with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
- possibility to work part-time
- flexible working hours
- in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.
To apply for this job please visit www.hzdr.de.