Website Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Helmholtz-Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology
As member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,400 people. The Center’s focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
The Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HIF) pursues the objective of developing innovative technologies for the economy so that mineral and metalliferous raw materials can be made available and used more efficiently and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Exploration invites applications as Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
The position will be available October 1st, 2021. The employment contract is limited until January 31, 2024.
The Postdoc will spend 14 month at HZDR-HIF and KIT-IIIT, respectively. a parallel application at KIT-IIIT is therefore required (http://www.iiit.kit.edu/download/1000-2021_Ausschreibung_Website.pdf).
- Research of artifical intelligence methods for 3D spectral pointcloud classification
- Development of direct 3D-to-3D data registration, fusion and classification algorithms
- Design and optimization of respective code packages
- Validation first on prepared benchmark data, later on independent case studies asproof-of-concept
- Linking the research at both hosting institutions, including repeated visits at both institutes
- PhD in Computer Vision, Artifical Intelligence or related field
- Thorough experience with deep learning-based classification, data fusion and point-cloud processing including respective coding skills
- Experience in at least two of the following fields: 3D-CNN`s, point-nets, spectral image, radar and lidar processing
- Experience within the application fields of geology/resources/remote sensing and/or autonomous systems/automotive sensors are highly beneficial
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse, and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement TVöD-Bund
- 30 Vacation Days per year
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A good work/life balance for which we offer assistance in the form of:
- flexible working hours
- in-house health management
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.
To apply for this job please visit www.hzdr.de.