Website Inscopix, Inc.
A New Approach to Understanding and Healing the Brain
The data product team at Inscopix is looking for a Backend Developer to work on a new AWS-hosted cloud-based platform for organizing, analyzing, and visualizing neuroscience research data. This is an opportunity to build core pieces of a new scientific data analytics platform to help advance neuroscience research. We’re looking for someone who works well on a small team, feels engaged with building effective and elegant products, and would relish an opportunity to directly enable and empower high throughput neuroscience research. You will not only be working with a group of knowledgeable and humble developers, but also data engineers that architect cutting-edge algorithms and neuroscientists that design and use the tools to analyze data in collaborations with academia and industry.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in platform design discussions and take leadership on product development projects.
- Collaborate with other software engineers to design and implement a system to track and manage per-tenant cloud resource usage.
- Work alongside other engineers to integrate analysis algorithms into the platform.
- Optimize the system to improve scalability and speed.
- Assess and implement security best practices for the platform.
- Extend backend API and database models.
- Advocate for modern engineering and DevOps best practices
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend developer
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS services
- Experience scaling backend systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Experience implementing large scale data stacks using cloud managed and/or serverless architectures.
- Experience with Python, React, Postgresql, Linux and Terraform.
- Experience with cloud security.
Technology we’re using:
- AWS Services
- Landing Zone
- CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
- Django / Python
- Postgraphile / GraphQL
- C++ (performant algorithms)
- React / TypeScript
- Apollo Client
- AWS Amplify
This is a hybrid position. We have an office in downtown Vancouver B.C and value the collaboration and team culture that is facilitated by working together in person. We also like to support taking advantage of the fact that software development is inherently ‘remote-friendly’ by allowing flexibility to work from home. For some people, this might mean being onsite for one week and home for the next, or having at least a couple days a week that are in person. Overall, we’re looking for someone that can be at the office about 30-50% of the time.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista™, nVoke™ and nVue™ systems, have been deployed in over 500 research institutions across the world resulting in over 200 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Mountain View, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect that diversity. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.