We are Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $5 billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Transferwise, Unilever, and more – and we’re just getting started!
Latana is on the search for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team of data scientists, data engineers, and analysts.
About the Role
In this role, you will be working in close collaboration with product managers and commercial leaders to develop predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions.
Your contributions will have a direct impact on a thriving, state-of-the-art product, multilevel Regression and Poststratification (MRP), that is revolutionising the way insights are extracted from survey data. You will steer innovation and put Latana ahead of the race in competing on analytics and be the driver of game-changing innovation that enables organisations around the world to make better, data-driven decisions.
- Identify new opportunities to further enhance our Multi-level Regression and Poststratification model used for making estimations on public opinion research data.
- Work on making our Bayesian Stan models more efficient and flexible to meet customer needs.
- Improve our cloud batch processing pipeline for running 1000s of models in parallel.
- Incorporate missing data methods to support incomplete surveys.
- Provide confidence intervals on swings in awareness and other metrics.
- Automate Bayesian metrics such as PSIS-LOO cross validation.
Your Skills and Experience
- Advanced quantitative degree – e.g Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields.
- Confidence in Frequentist or Bayesian statistical modelling: generalised linear models, maximum likelihood estimation and significance testing. Random effects and Bayesian Hierarchical modelling are a plus. Although we do not expect you to already know Bayesian modelling you should be comfortable reading a statistical paper such as Forecasting elections with non-representative polls.
- Several years of professional experience with a track record of bringing Data Science use cases into production.
- Strong programming skills in Python and R. Ideally experience in using probabilistic learning frameworks such as Stan or PyMC.
- Demonstrable ability to develop data science products and work with large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Strong inner drive to get things done: you’re not waiting for others to manage or tell you what to do, you are self-driven and an internal change-maker.
- Quality ambassador: you combine an obsession with research quality with a highly pragmatic prioritisation of tasks to maximize your efficiency.
- Organisational mastermind: you are able to manage simultaneous external stakeholders and projects with overlapping deadlines and requests.
What We Offer
- Challenging, yet encouraging work environment.
- Opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product.
- Lifelong education budget to contribute to your lifelong learning.
- Yearly stipend for use on either public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club.
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally.
- MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed.
- Beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg (Currently remote with possibility to continue)
Regular team outings on our two company boats!
To apply for this job please visit latana.com.