Website 605 LLC.
independent TV measurement and analytics firm
605 is an independent TV measurement and analytics firm that offers advertising and content measurement, full-funnel attribution, media planning, optimization and analytical solutions. Comprised of engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts and marketing strategists, 605 forges new paths using groundbreaking innovations that set industry standards for audience targeting and measurement.
605 is looking for a dynamic Analytics Manager to serve as a methodological and process thought leader, partially-hands-on coder and mentor to our talented team of analysts. Being able and excited to analyze large and messy data is part of the job, as is having the skills to flexibly manage and work on a variety of different tasks to maintain team and project success. As an Analytics Manager you will be responsible for overall management of your team, talent development, project management, client communications, hand-on coding and cross team collaboration.
A manager’s day-to-day tasks would include:
- Managing, mentoring and growing the Analytics team; working independently or collaboratively on large and complex data science problems and analyses
- Applying or adapting methods to new problems, and developing new tools as needed
- Reviewing and writing code in R/SQL/Spark with a keen eye for identifying issues and areas for optimization
- Serving as a thought leader across methodology, process flow and technical requirements
- Setting standards for excellence across projects and deliverables
- Collaborating cross teams to improve and productize processes
- Communicating with clients and vendors regarding needs, solutions and results
- Working with clients and sales to build new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in a comparable field
- 5+ years experience (or postgraduate degree plus 3+ years experience) in a comparable field
- 1+ years managing and mentoring analysts and data scientists to be successful across a variety of demands
- 3+ years of coding and specifically 2+ years in R/Python coding; proficiency with SQL/R/Python and an understanding of Spark
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a proven ability to cultivate relationships within and across departments; the ability and desire to work well in a highly collaborative team environment; an approach to work and life which incorporates “hearts and minds” and “the art of the possible”
- Strong ability to communicate about data structure and characteristics, analytical techniques, statistical findings, and solutions to a variety of audiences using data visualization and reporting tools such as ggplot2, Shiny, etc.
- Machine learning and statistical understanding with a focus on sampling, weighting, bias corrections, causal inference and modeling techniques
- Excellent project management skills, prioritizing demands to meet overall objectives, improve efficiencies and finding stable threads to explore within amorphous and changing business problems
- PhD, ABD, Masters with experience, or comparable skills
- Domain familiarity with the TV, media, and advertising landscape, media measurement, and the cross-platform / digital ecosystem
- Proficient understanding of statistics and machine learning techniques and the ability to continually improve current methodologies and processes
- Adapting, implementing, and scaling various machine learning techniques into product
- Previous experience with Databricks (or other distributed computing environments) and familiarity with Spark SQL and Scala
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.