About the job
If you like playing with data every day by collecting, extracting, transforming, and if you’re not scared of getting your hands dirty, well then, it’s a no-brainer, join us!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to handle data in production and make evolve our pipelines with our growing data scope (logs, products data, financial data, CRM, ….).
At Akeneo, we value a lot:
- Teamwork | We believe a workplace should be a place where we can learn from one another,
- Product Oriented | For us, our product must be about solving problems,
- Mentoring | Continuously improve yourself, grow with others, and emulate your team,
- Trustworthy | Your team is accountable for finding creative solutions,
- Engineering | We do serious business without taking ourselves too seriously.
🧠 What you will do?
At Akeneo, you will:
- Join our growing data ops squad to build observable, scalable and fault-tolerant data pipelines,
Work on a daily basis as part of a multidisciplinary squad (Data Analyst, Lead Data, Lead Dev, Product Manager, Software Engineer, SRE,…),
- Use your knowledge and problem-solving skills to address stakeholders needs,
- Design solutions to tackle scalability challenges,
- Have a career progression (diversity of topics and job positions, external and internal training),
- Play in an international background and goal-driven culture,
- Enjoy after-work, book club, knowledge sharing sessions, conferences, and team buildings,
- Share your knowledge and experience with your teammates and learn from them.
🏅The skills we require
As we have high expectations on these topics, you can well fit if :
- You have relevant experience with databases like Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch, some data transformation tools like DBT, and datalake such as BigQuery or Redshift,
- You have advanced skills in a scripting language such as Python or Shell script,
- You feel comfortable writing advanced SQL queries,
- You are familiar with cloud providers such as GCP or AWS
- You have already used Kubernetes and Docker
Strong “plus” if you have knowledge in:
- Good communication skills
Additionally, here are some general skills that Akeneo teammates tend to have:
- you are proactive, autonomous, self-motivated, resourceful, and are eager to have a meaningful impact,
- you are curious about the modern data stack, emerging tools (Airbyte, Airflow,…) and the software development world,
- you like to have fun and have a life outside of work,
- you are comfortable in English (a strong French accent is ok),
- finally, you learned from your mistakes and you’re ready to make new ones with us!
- Good work-life balance: flexible hours, remote working policy, and package for the home office (chairs, desk, screen, keyboard, …)
- Quarterly team events, and yearly offsite
- Great mansion located in downtown Nantes where you will find Marie&Therese our chickens and our beautiful bees
- Once a year you get to spend two weeks in one of our offices worldwide (Boston, Dusseldorf, Sydney, etc)
Want to know more?
Get the story directly from our R&D engineers, check out our Medium R&D blog
Discover the Akeneo community! Let’s meet
Discover our hiring journey, check out our Medium R&D blogpost
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.