Website Apollo Agriculture
Our mission is to deliver modern farming everywhere
Apollo Agriculture is seeking a Data Scientist to help us change how African farmers access credit, customized advice, and farm inputs at radical scale. As a Data Scientist you will work across all parts of our business to achieve these goals.
Areas of focus:
- Provide analytical support to inform strategic business decisions
Build and improve models to predict which customers are most likely to succeed with our products
- Use satellite, survey, and other data to better understand how our customers crops are growing and ways in which we can better support them
- Work with our agronomists to provide custom recommendations for each customer
- Collaborate with engineers to transform data driven insights into finished scalable products
- Capable of deep analytical dives to help solve our thorniest challenges
- Creative and curious to find new insights in data and pose new questions that help shape our business
- Comfortable explaining complex solutions to non-data science peers across multiple continents and cultures
- Analytically rigorous, but recognize when complete is better than perfect
- Proficient in a data science language/framework (Python, R, Matlab, Julia, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Ability and desire to travel to Kenya 2-3 times per year
- Competent with SQL and/or geospatial data
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with sklearn/numpy/scipy or similar
Apollo Agriculture uses satellite data, machine learning, and mobile phones to help African farmers increase their production from current levels (~650 kg/acre) to U.S. levels (~4500 kg/acre). We are a team of software engineers, data scientists, economists, and operators with deep experience from The Climate Corporation, One Acre Fund, Uber, and ACRE. We value evangelical pursuit of mission with a pragmatic approach, humility in the face of challenge, active discussion of disagreements, and considerate listening.
Please submit your resume or LinkedIn to email@example.com with the subject line “Last Name – Data Scientist”. Convince us that you’re a fantastic fit for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org