Join us, be you!
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Combining groundbreaking machine learning research with next-generation hardware, our teams take user experiences to the next level. As AI-based solutions expand to solve new and sophisticated problems, the need to engage across fields grows. The Apple AIML Residency is a one-year program for graduates with advanced degrees that is crafted to spur interdisciplinary collaboration. The Residency supports authorities in various STEM fields as well emerging ML researchers and engineers as they work collaboratively to create revolutionary machine learning and AI-powered products and experiences. Residents gain hands-on experience as members of an AIML team for one year, working on high-impact projects that will impact future Apple products and features. Residents also have the opportunity to learn from an Apple mentor, collaborate with fellow Residents, publish at premier research venues, attend Apple-led and external technical and leadership courses, pursue independent study, and partner with R&D teams across Apple.
- Previous exposure to programming, with proficiency in deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch/JAX) a plus, and more generally python. Candidates should have experience completing a moderate-sized software project.
- Demonstrated ability to connect and collaborate with others to carry out innovative and impactful open research.
- Ideal candidates will also have academic, research, or industry experience in one of the following: Applied Math/Statistics, Computer vision, Large Language Models, Machine Learning & ML Research, Natural Language Processing/Speech/Conversational AI. Thesis, capstone project, internship, co-op, and/or proven experience in these fields will qualify.
You’ll have the opportunity to join the machine learning research (MLR) team in Paris. MLR team members worldwide develop and execute ambitious long-term research programs.
We contribute to the machine learning community by publishing at top-tier machine learning conferences and journals, and open sourcing code and data. Topics of interest include: differentiable optimization, uncertainty quantification, generative modelling and the application of these ideas to challenging scientific problems and applied engineering opportunities at Apple.
During residency, you will work on a portfolio of 2~3 challenging research ideas. You will hone your research skills with us, as we go through the various collaborative phases of an ML research project: identify a promising research opportunity, survey SoTA methods and relevant literature, imagine and design novel methods, implement them as code prototypes, plan and complete experiments at multi-node, multi-GPU scales, write paper and follow through with a submission.
- We encourage you to submit a cover letter as part of your application explaining: What are your research interests? How do they apply to the specific Residency position you applied to? Why you would like to join the AIML residency program broadly?
- Apple’s AIML residency is a one-year program starting in July 2024. Residents must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) July 15, 2024 – July 11, 2025
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 18, 2023
Graduate degree in a STEM field or equivalent proven experience in software engineering.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.